Alibag called as ‘Mini Goa’ is a small town located on western side of India in Maharashtra state. If you think Alibag is only restricted to beaches, then you are wrong! Check what else can be done at Alibag. Here are some Top things to do at Alibag on your next vacation!
1) Kolaba Fort: Witness the marine fort of Alibag called as ‘Kolaba’ which is situated on the water of the main beach of Alibag. The fort belonged to King Shivaji! It is approx 2 km away from the beach. During the low tide, the fort is accessible by a walk. It has a freshwater lake and some English canons and a temple and a mosque. Cost: Return boat trip – INR 200 per pax. Fort is maintained by ASI (Archeological Survey of India). Entry fee is INR 20.
2) Fish Market: Visit Poynad weekly market on Monday. Poynad is 17 km away from Alibag which is famous for its dry fishes. The market receives a huge number of buyers on Mondays.
3) Bicycle Rides: You can rent a bicycle for short or long duration from www.AlibaugBikes.com and explore Alibag in Eco-friendly way. Its a great fun and lifetime experiance.
4) Fish Cuisine: Being a beach destination, fishes are the most popular cuisine of Alibag people. Hotel Sanman is one of the famous restaurants to try the native cuisine of Alibag. Cost: Fish Thali – INR 350.
5) Water sports: Quad biking, Banana boat ride, Jet Skiing, Bumper ride are the water sports activities available on all the beaches of Alibag. Cost: Approx. INR 500 to 800 full package.
6) Beaches: Let the waves hit your feet, and sand be your seat!! Nagaon, Versoli, Alibag, Mandwa, Kashid and much more are the tourist beaches of Alibag.
7) Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary: Located approx. 40 km from Alibag bus depot, this wildlife sanctuary is a home to birds and insects. From Giant Indian Squirrel to hyena and from Bombay Earth Snake to Leopards, this wildlife sanctuary has a huge bio-diversity. Cost: INR 50.
8) Catamarine Ride: Sail the Arabian Sea for 45 minutes from Alibag. Grab a ticket from the nearest outlet in Alibag and explore the vast Arabian sea for 45 minutes. This boat journey starts from Mandwa port to the Gateway of India.
9) Seagull Feeding: Get an unforgettable experience of feeding stuff to Seagulls from your hand while riding the boat from Mandwa to Gateway of India. This is surely an amazing experience.
10) Horse cart: Once the water reduces from Alibag Chowpatty, you can either walk to the fort or enjoy the horse cart ride till the fort. 10 minutes of horsecart ride is something unique which will make you wonder about water miracle that just happened a few minutes ago.
This are the top 10 things to do on your next trip to Alibag! Have fun and do not just visit the beach! Explore more!!